I think the title says it all, but just in case you’ve got this far and are still wondering “what’s this blog about?!” ITS. ABOUT. PERIODS.
I’ll assume, if you’re a man or someone who doesn’t like speaking about bodily functions, you’ve clicked the ‘X’ at the top right of the page by now (therefore haven’t read this bit).
If you’re sticking with it-well done! But y’know brace yourselves!
So, today is day 1 of period week for me.
I’m pretty certain I say it most months, but this is by far the worst one I’ve EVER had.
For starters, I may as well be pregnant.
Similarities of Periods to Pregnancy.
- I feel sick.
- I’m shattered.
- My head hurts.
- I’m dizzy.
- I’m cranky.
- I’m tearful.
- I have restless legs.
- I have backache.
- My tummy is huge.
- I’m covered in spots.
- I can’t get comfy.
- I think my vagina may be falling off (later pregnancy that one)
Additionally to feeling as though I may aswell be growing a baby-I also have to deal with and face up to the following…..
- It’s too hot for hot water bottles.
- My belly is probably bigger than usual because I’m eating my bodyweight in chocolate and cake.
- My skin is probably bad because of the above too.
- I have to cough loudly when messing with noisy sanitary product packaging in the bathroom because my husband is a massive prude.
- My daughter can’t understand why she can’t come “chat” to me while I’m in the toilet.
If you’ve made it this far through this blog, you proved to me and yourself you’re;
- Not a prude
- Not a cliche man
- Not my husband
- Probably going through the same as me every month.
To all the women sharing in these issues once a month-I salute you.
We’re amazing-and so bloody strong to get through this! (Pardon the pun!)
Keep fighting ladies-only another 6 days left (on average). X