My darling boy,
Yesterday mummy went to your last ever parents evening in year one.
Before I left you said to me, “it’ll be a good one mummy, I’m always good!”
Now I know you’re a good boy, I know you’ve never been in trouble, and are consistent at working hard and achieving high. But I’m not delusional sweetheart.
Grown ups will teach you from a young age, not to believe all you are told, and to take things small humans such as yourself say, with a very large pinch of salt.
When your teacher sat me down, my tummy gave that familiar lurch of anxiety-what if this time something was different and we had a brand new obstacle to overcome.
My anxiety was for nothing.
You didn’t disappoint and were true to your word.
Your results for the end of term tests and subjects, not only blew me away but your teacher too. She told me how much she will miss you when you leave her class in two weeks. She told me how proud I should be of you.
God I am proud of you!
I want to tell the world how proud I am of you, but proud as a standalone word isn’t enough.
- I am thankful. Thankful to have you as my son, for the joy you bring me and the consistent happiness you fill our lives with.
- I am amazed. Amazed how my little baby boy, has grown into such an amazing big boy, who is so clever, thoughtful and funny.
- I am grateful. Grateful for the gift of you from whichever divine being sent you to me.
- I am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the sheer love I have for you, for the amount you achieve and still have to achieve. For all I have taught you and have to teach you in the future.
- I AM PROUD. Proud to be your mummy, your friend, your comfort, your support and your absolute biggest fan.
Not long ago you told me that one day you’ll be too big for cuddles on my lap and holding my hand.
That day can wait-I’m not giving it up without a fight.
Keep making me proud my lovely. Keep being you.