Vodafone sent me their new Smart Tab N8 to review!
If you read my last tech review, of the Samsung mobile, you’ll know two things.
1. I am not a tech reviewer. I review as a Mum, woman (and as someone who has zero idea of tech related information.
2. I am a fierce Apple addict. I have an iPad, and an iPhone, and don’t often find Android very easy to go back to.
Vodafone Smart Tab N8
On initial opening of the box, I was really impressed with the size of the tablet. I’ve often found, larger items have an uncomfortable weight to them, giving an issue when you’re trying to use them. This 10.1 inch tablet is light to hold, and the display on the screen isn’t hindered by its size. With solid display colour, games (which myself and my children use our tablets for) are a lot more fun to play, when you have so much more screen to play them on!
The software is easy to use; after owning Android phones in the past, and my husband being a Samsung fan, I knew how to find my way around.
The camera is what you’d expect from a tablet of this price and size. It’s not a match for my husbands Samsung mobile, or my iPhone, but still does the job!
The outer casing of the tablet is a little plastic feeling, but I never once worried it would bend or break, which, with two children around the house, is something I always hope for with tech!
The battery life is OK; the games obviously drained it a little faster than I would assume other apps would do, but, as usual, it lasts longer than any Apple product I’ve every owned.
The Techy Bit
Vodafone Smart Tab N8
- Screen: 10.1” WXGA (1280×800) 149 ppi
- Camera: 5.0MP. Front: 2.0MP
- Platform (OS): Android 7.0
- Chipset: CPU: MTK8735B, 4 core (4×1.100Mhz) GPU: MailT720-MP1
- Memory: 2GB RAM (LPDDR3), 16GB eMMC
- Supports microSD up to 32GB
- Battery Capacity : 4600 mAh Li-Po
- Networks: GSM/EDGE/3G/HSPA+/LTE
- Features: Wifi b/g/n, BT4.2, aGPS
- Colour: Volcano Black
- Dimensions: 260 x 155 x 8.95mm
- Weight: 471g
- Box content: Charger, QSG, USB cable, Headset
I really do love this tablet. After going through a fair few Android tabs with my eldest child, until we found the right one, I’ve a little bit of experience with them. If I was ever going to change over from Apple to Android, this would be the perfect tablet for me. The size was probably the most impressive feature, closely followed by the quality of the sound and display.
With a kid-proof case on, it could also be the perfect tablet for the children too (although my daughter doesn’t have anything techy as she’s only 3.5).
The cost is also a massive factor for us. Obviously, if the children are going to use a tablet, we either want a cheaper product, so breakages don’t bother us as much, or, a more expensive product with a stronger casing/screen etc.
The Vodafone Smart Tab N8, starts at only £12 per month, and comes with a range of different monthly costs and storage options. For more information on the options available, head over to the Vodafone website-HERE!